Friday, February 6, 2009

Getting On The Blackberry Bandwagon


SMS may soon be a thing of the past, thanks to a little something called email.

Mobile email seems to be all the rage these days, with more and more people opting for QWERTY endowed devices over those of the traditional kind. But what is it about these devices that make them any different from their numpad brethren?

My first taste of QWERTYbility this year came in the form of the Sony X1 Xperia (sorry, I know I still owe you guys the review!), but unlike my friends who were enjoying the QWERTY life in Symbian, I had to endure the never ending pain that is Windows Mobile.

Suffice to say, I didn't like it.

I decided that if I wanted to be a real QWERTY convert then I had to do it the right way. The PR rep for BlackBerry (thanks Simon!) soon got in touch with me and agreed to loan me two BlackBerrys - the Bold and the Pearl Flip.

Would this be a path to my destruction? Would I get hooked on the sweet temptations that the CrackBlackBerry offered?

Well, I don't know. Frankly, I can't say just yet. It's only been two days, but already I'm getting jumpy whenever I see a red LED flash near me, I get anxious if I don't receive any emails for more than two hours, and I'm desperately hooked on the simple but addictive poker game.

Yet, it's all too early to tell how my second meeting of the QWERTY kind this year will end.

Stay tuned for my full report!

No comments: